The Grand Rapids Pride Center aims to be at the center of a vibrant and inclusive community that supports all LGBTQ individuals.
On June 21, 1988, the first Pride Celebration was held at the Monroe Amphitheater in downtown Grand Rapids. Over the last 35 years, it has now grown into one of the largest one-day events in Grand Rapids. Grand Rapids Pride Festival is an event that brings LGBTQ+ community members, LGBTQ+ businesses, allies, and organizations together to celebrate diversity, inclusion, and celebrating the beautiful vast LGBTQ+ community!
Going into its 35th year in 2023, Grand Rapids Pride Festival is working to create a safe, open, and inclusive environment for Grand Rapids community members to celebrate who they are!
Stay tuned and check back on this page often as we update our list of events for 2023!
June 17th, 2023
12pm to 10pm
Pride Festival is a fundraiser, where do the funds go and what do they support?
- GR Pride Fest is the largest fundraising event for Grand Rapids Pride Center. The Grand Rapids Pride Center was established as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in 1988, making it the longest-running LGBTQ+ resource center in Michigan.
- The Grand Rapids Pride Center hosts several social and supportive groups for our LGBTQ+ and ally communities, see more information on who Pride benefits!
- SOCIAL & SUPPORT GROUPS AT THE CENTER
How much does it cost to attend Pride Festival?
- General admission is for the event is free, but donations are always appreciated and go directly towards supporting our programs and services.
What is the entertainment line-up?
What is the schedule for the festival?
Is there going to be a parade at Pride?
We are not currently planning a parade, but are willing to chat if someone wants to take that initiative.
What will the security be like at Pride Festival?
The Grand Rapids Pride Center is working to ensure that our Pride Festival remains a safe and welcoming atmosphere for the LGBTQ community and our ally community. We have hired 2 security teams that are affiliated with the LGBTQ+ community.
- Grand Rapids Pride asks that you do not bring any outside food or beverage with the exception of baby food, baby formula, unopened water bottles. We will also make an exception for those that have medical conditions that require you to have snacks or special foods.
- Weapons of any kind will not be permitted.
- No lawn or folding chairs.
- No posters or signs or objects that will obstruct views.
We thank you for your understanding.
Are animals allowed at Pride?
The city of Grand Rapids has restricted animals from being permitted into Pride Festival with the exception of accredited service and therapy animals.
Can I bring signs to Pride?
No signs or banner are allowed inside the festival.