The Grand Rapids Pride Center aims to be at the center of a vibrant and inclusive community that supports all LGBTQ individuals.
The Grand Rapids Pride Center invites the Greater Grand Rapids community to nominate individuals and groups who are dedicated to serving and supporting the 2-SLGBTQ+ in West Michigan. We are hosting our inaugural Prism Awards in November – an opportunity to celebrate and showcase our community’s collective impact. This new signature event will also help support the essential programs and services we offer.A few notes:
- Please do not nominate the same person or group for more than one category. Please do feel free to select someone or a group to nominate for each category!
- Nominations are due by 11:59pm on Friday, October 7th. Finalists will be selected by a committee of 2-SLGBTQ+ peers from the West Michigan community.
- Finalists will be notified by Monday, October 25th and provided with a free ticket for themselves and a guest to our inaugural Prism Awards. Details and ticket sales info will be released by the end of September.
- Individual tickets will be $40 and group deals will be available when tickets are released.
- Agitator: As a seeker of justice, this individual is continually fighting against systems of oppression to make West Michigan a more inclusive and welcoming place.
- Loyalist: A loyal Grand Rapids Pride Center volunteer who goes above and beyond to serve without hesitation.
- Queer of the Year: A stand-out member of the 2-SLGBTQ+ community, this individual is focused on creating positive, sustainable change.
- Belonging in Business: This business is laser-focused on ensuring queer staff feel safe, loved, and supported and uses their influence to advocate for our collective community.
- Ally to Accomplice: This group has done the work and made progress on its journey to support the 2-SLGBTQ+ community.
November 10, 2022
7pm to 9pm
New Vintage Place
889 Broadway Ave NW,
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Individual – $40
Group of 2 – $70
Table (8) – $300