MLM is an acronym that stands for “men loving men”. The term describes anyone who identifies as a man and is attracted to men. It is inclusive of (but not limited to) men who identify as gay, bisexual, pansexual, gender non-conforming, and transgender.
These are the meanings behind each color on the MLM pride flag:
- Green: Represents community. Community is the driving force behind the LGBTQ movement. As a marginalized group, MLMs need a strong sense of community to draw strength and wisdom from and take refuge in.
- Teal: Represents healing. Gay, bisexual, pansexual, and transgender men have and continue to face discrimination, violence, rejection, and stigmatization for living their truth, and thus have a deep need for people and safe spaces where they can heal.
- Light green: Represents joy. Joy has the power to heal, bring people together, and inspire hope.
- White: Represents trans men, nonbinary people who connect with masculinity, and gender non-conformity.
- Light blue: Represents love – romantic love, love among friends, and the love fostered by the community.
- Purple: Represents the courage of all the activists and advocates who have fought for equality and the courage it takes to live authentically.
- Dark purple: Represents diversity and inclusivity.
Flags are 3’x5′ polyester.